Tonight at Puja, I led a beautiful little group of yogis. We used chairs to assist us in Standing Head to Knee, Standing Bow, and Balancing Stick. So great to see the alignment improve and the body open up with the use of the props.
Then we futzed with arm variations in Standing Separate Legs Stretching and tried Guillotine. We worked on Half Lotus Tree and Toe Stand and even tried Short Man.
A really lovely, intimate and generous class all around. Makes me feel like I might be able to do this teaching thing after all.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga