Tonight I played with Ida Jo at the Oconomowoc Arts Center, the 2nd of a two night stint for their Cabaret series. Last night was challenging physically, so tonight I felt the need to prepare my body a bit. So I did about 20 minutes of Qigong exercises in the dressing room before we played. It was nice to settle my balance, do some gentle twisting and stretch my wrists and forearms before playing. I think it made a big difference. I felt really strong and physically present during the performance. My energy was focused and balanced. I might make pre-show Qigong a tradition.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga