I have heard from several sources that it is not great for the body to eat too soon before going to sleep. Having food in the stomach means the body is digesting when it should be simply resting. So we end up not getting good rest and wake up sluggish and tired.
I have noticed this in my own sleep over the past few weeks. I like to snack at night, whether something salty like potato chips or something sweet like cookies. And sometimes my schedule doesn't allow me to eat dinner until 9 or 10pm.
On the nights when I have eaten early, like 6 or 7pm, and not snacked afterward, I have slept better and woken up more rested. Then if I eat late the next day, I feel groggy and un-refreshed.
Leave a Reply.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga