I had a session with a trainer this morning. He identified some weakness in my left leg, probably the result of many ankle sprains from my soccer playing days.
The most significant discovery of the session was foam rolling. I have never used a foam roller before to massage and put pressure on my muscles and tissues. He showed me how to roll my IT Band, where I have been having soreness and tightness. It was excruciatingly painful, but I felt immediate progress with the release of the tissue. Less tightness, less soreness, and better knee mobility. I am very excited about the potential of this technique!
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga