One of the great benefits of yoga practice is generating heat in the body. Heat relaxes the body and helps it function optimally. We can generate internal heat through breathing exercises (Pranayama) and bodily postures (Asana). The most advanced yogis can control their circulation and body heat through pure concentration (Dharana).
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga