In a few minutes I will set out for Kolkata, India, the birthplace of Ghosh Yoga. It is where Bishnu Charan Ghosh lived for much of his life and where he founded his yoga school.
A lot of change happened in yoga and physical culture in India in the 1930s. On this trip we hope to unravel some of the threads that have led us to where we are now.
I will try to update here as much as I can, but I don't know what to expect from our experiences or internet availability. Needless to say when I return I will post a lot of information about the trip.
Leave a Reply.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga