"There’s this entrenched idea that it’s good to ‘sweat things out,’ but sweating, per se, provides no health benefits.”
"You aren’t gaining extra health benefits from drenching your clothing with perspiration; you’re only ensuring that you’ll need to sip from your water bottle more often to avoid losing too much fluid."
"The benefits derive from the exercise itself, and the more intense, generally, the greater the health benefits."
Read the whole article here.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga