A fascinating article in the New York Times about the effects of cold and exercise on our bodies. I didn't know that we have more than one kind of fat - white fat and brown fat - that have different functions. Also, we have a hormone called Irisin that acts as a marker for what our bodies are doing metabolically.
If this seems confusing or new to you, join the club. I haven't been this shocked or baffled by an article about the body in a long time. Read the whole article here.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga