According to the NY Times, a study has shown that while we sleep our brain cleans itself. The brain has its own system similar to the lymphatic system that is relatively inactive while awake but dilates when sleeping. This system flushes out debris and repairs neurons. Lack of sleep prevents the brain from healing.
Read the whole article here.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga