This is from a post by my teacher Tony Sanchez.
OBJECTIVES OF HATHA YOGA
The trajectory and understanding of the objectives in Hatha Yoga developed in Sivananda’s and Ghosh’s systems are the same. These objectives included, maintaining a youthful body, developing physical and psychic powers (siddhis), awakening the potential energy (Kundalini-Shakti) and finally attaining enlightenment. To my understanding the Kundalini and the Vagus nerve are one of the same. It also goes by the name “the happy nerve”. Good standing or sitting postures extends this nerve. Become aware of it and it’s connection to all the different internal organs. Metal attitude plays a very important role at this level of practice.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga