With the strength training I have been doing, I have been worried that my flexibility will decrease. And I have no desire to be stiff, no matter how strong may get.
But surprisingly I have found my flexibility improved. I have some soreness from the strength exercises, but it is muscle soreness that still stretches easily. And oddly, I feel I can stretch even further and with greater relaxation, possibly from improved balance in my joints or more strength on the complimentary side of the stretch. Maybe it is as simple as progress. I hope it continues.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga