Suryanamaskar [Sun Salute], today fully naturalized in international yoga milieux as a presumed "traditional" technique of Indian yoga, was first conceived by a bodybuilder [Pratinidhi Pant] and then popularized by other bodybuilders, like Iyer and his followers, as a technique of bodybuilding.
From Yoga Body by Mark Singleton
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga