We must seek stillness in the postures, for without stillness in the body there cannot be stillness in the mind. Each posture is a meditation where the body and mind can unify and be still.
What we seek is a calm and still mind, so we must make the body still as well. Movement will exercise and bring health to the body, but it will not unify body and mind nor bring mental stillness.
"Be still, and know that I am God." - Psalm 46:10
"Those who have attained the summit of union with the Lord, the path is stillness and peace." - Bhagavad Gita
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga