Work Alone Is Your Privilege...
"Work alone is your privilege, never the fruits thereof. Never let the fruits of action be your motive; and never cease to work. Work in the name of the Lord, abandoning selfish desires. Be not affected by success or failure. This equipoise is called Yoga."
From the Bhagavad Gita.
It might just be me, but I always judge my actions by their fruits. What will I accomplish? How will I and others be affected? I am not entirely sure how to detatch from this, though it seems like profound advice to not "let the fruits of action be your motive." I find this inspiring and challenging.
Leave a Reply.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga