Why did my father's father worship the sun?
Did it shine more brightly?
Did the moon affect the tides more?
Did the earth rotate faster,
Or the wind blow more wildly?
My father's father had no electron microscope,
No quantum physics,
No automobile, no internet connection,
No indoor plumbing or running water.
The sun still rises in the east,
The earth rotates and the seasons change,
Seeds grow into plants, fed by the sun and the rain.
The wind blows and the rivers run to the sea.
Perhaps not much has changed.
Only us, for we no longer worship the sun.
This journal honors my ongoing experience with the practice, study and teaching of yoga.
1) Sridaiva Yoga: Good Intention But Imbalanced
2) Understanding Chair Posture
2) Why I Don't Use Sanskrit or Say Namaste
3) The Meaningless Drudgery of Physical Yoga
5) Beyond Bikram: Why This Is a Great Time For Ghosh Yoga